History of The Jackson House
Originally built in 1918, this home had several owners through the years. The most notable occupants were Dr. James Jackson, his wife Ruah, and their two daughters, who lived here from 1949 to 1982. A prominent member of the community, Dr. Jackson practiced medicine at his office and the hospital which at that time were just a short distance from this home on Main Street.
A true renaissance man, Dr. Jackson had many interests and pursuits besides medicine. He owned and flew his own airplane, kept a boat on Tablerock Lake, and tinkered in the workshop at the back of the garage.
A colorful family, the Jacksons are well remembered for their hospitality and generosity. They were also “early adopters” of new technology, owning the first television in Bentonville. Children in the neighborhood were always welcome at the Jackson home both to play and have Dr. Jackson tend to their bumps and scrapes.
After nine months of restoration in 2006, The Jackson House is once again the grand home Dr. Jackson would be proud to call his own.